Saturday, February 16, 2013

2 Corinthians 4:16

So we do not lose heart.  Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.

~

How hard it is to be faced with our own mortality each day.  Lord, without you what a strange and purposeless life this would be.  To toil for a lifetime, be beaten down by misfortune and then to die.  We are so grateful that instead we have victory over death through you Son!  We know that this life does matter and there is so much more than the sorrow of this world.  So let us not lose heart Father.  Instead, speak to us and give us our purposed for the time we spend here.

Lord, I am finding that the more time I spend getting to know you the better prepared for battle I am each day.  Your words bring such a feeling of triumph into my life.  Please continue to fan this flame inside me.  I know now that if I neglect this relationship with you I begin to feel like I am adrift at sea.  Lord I thank you for being my anchor.

Lord my sincere prayer is that you conquer my fear of mortality.  At times I lie awake at night contemplating the darkness of death filled with fear, but I know you have the ultimate victory.  Lord, show me your power, rid me of my fear, fill me so full with your spirit that I can look on the day I will see your face with joy and anticipation!

I have witnessed your renewal in so may parts of my life.  From my career to my marriage you have blessed me continually with new life.  Now Lord I ask for a renewal in my mind about death.  Let me face it triumphantly so that I can be free of worry and anxiety.  I know those spirits are not from you.  I thank you Lord for the freedom that I know you will grant me.  With this freedom I pray to focus on growing in you and helping others to see that, despite a physical end, what we do here matters.  For our work for you will bless our spirits for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment