Friday, February 15, 2013

Matthew 6:34

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

~

My Lord, worry and anxiety attack your people constantly.  Help us to see that these spirits do not come from you.  You Lord are a loving God who knows each bird in the sky.  How then could you not know your children and their needs?  Worry cannot add one day to our lives so help us to give up our need for control.

Lord I worry about my next job, my health, my family, but you told me to make my desires known to you and that you will take care of me.  As my father you only want what is best for me, never to harm me.  Why then do I worry about what is to come?  Please Lord help me to trust in your power and might.  Free me from worrying about everything for it is under your control.

Help us Lord to know that any storm on the horizon, seen or unseen, is directed by you.  Even if the storm tosses us about, give us the strength to know that we are growing in you as we endure it.  Keep us mindful of Christ who knew what horrific things lay ahead of him and yet was never crippled with fear.  Why then should we be worried about our own future?

Lord, I pray to be completely guided by you, so that I may have faith that my journey is a righteous one.  Free my mind from other concerns, for I trust you to take care of me.  Lord, I praise you for your love.  There have been bad times, even devastation, in my life and you have lifted me up with your love and grace every time!  Why then should I worry?  You always have and will continue to triumph!  All praise to you!  Thank you for what you have done and will do.  Let me be anxious for nothing as you always walk beside me.  Let that knowledge and your Holy Spirit keep me encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment