Tuesday, February 19, 2013

John 14:2-3

"In my Father's house are many rooms.  If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."

~
O Jesus we praise you for your sacrifice and our salvation!  We look forward to the day when you will come again and take us to be with you.  How blessed we are to know you will take us to live with you in a place where there will be so much joy.  And we are so thankful that you have brought salvation to everyone if they choose!

Lord, as you prepare a place for me, help me to prepare myself here on Earth.  Give me wisdom and kindness, so that I may assist you in bringing people the Truth.  Lord, I want to store up treasures at your palace.  Show me tangible ways I can do this.  I know that part of it is giving financially to you, but what else?  Show me opportunities to minister to or help your children.  Guide my actions and my tongue so that you may be glorified.  I want my room in your house to overflow with treasure!

Lord, give us the discipline and desire to give back to you.  We know that all we have is from you so don't let us think it is ours to do with as we please.  It is so hard to give away what we have, but with your Spirit changing our hearts it will not be a burden but a blessing.  Keep working on us in this aspect Lord.  We do not want to be the rich man unable to sell our possessions to follow you.

Please Lord help us to prepare here on Earth as you prepare for us in Heaven.  Thank you for giving your earthly life and thus building enough rooms for even me.  May our hearts and actions be pleasing to you always.  I anticipate the day I will see you and pray you will say "well done."

No comments:

Post a Comment