Thursday, February 14, 2013

Matthew 5:6

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

~
What does it mean to hunger and thirst for righteousness Lord?   I pray you reveal its true meaning to me.  So often on this path to righteousness we get caught up in legalism.  Lord show me the difference between the two.

Lord I thank you that as I get to know your love and grace that righteousness becomes a gift I can give to you and not a burden.  I love that you considered David a man after your own heart, yet he often sinned.  Please Lord increase my desire for righteousness, but also grant me an even better appreciation of grace.  For I will always fall short.

Often times righteousness is such a struggle for us Lord.  We want to do right by you, but we find it too hard and cry out in frustration.  Please hear our cries Lord and change our hearts for we can do nothing from our own will.

As I continue to grow in you Lord I thank you for increasing my hunger for righteousness and yet decreasing my feelings of guilt and failure.  Knowing your grace has saved my life Lord!  What a true blessing to be called to serve you.

No comments:

Post a Comment