Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Revelation 22:20

He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming soon."  Amen.  Come, Lord Jesus!

~
Coming soon!  How those words have been anticipated by your followers for thousands of years Lord. Your disciples thought it would be in their lifetime Lord and yet here we are still waiting.  Only thanks can be given for the delay, you want all of your children to be saved.  Another example of your many mercies God.  Lord, I pray to take your "coming soon" prophecy at face value.  I must work tirelessly to further your kingdom each day.  Please Lord impart your feeling of urgency on my heart.  I know that I must love on those who don't know you as much as possible for time is running short.

At the same time we as your people have become obsessed with when you will come again.  Lord, you have said that one day is like a thousand years to you.  Please help us to accept that you have decided some things are not for us to know.  Help us to stop cults from forming or liars from tricking the vulnerable into following them.

Instead, Lord I pray to rejoice in the knowledge that you are returning to us.  I ask that you push me to use each day you give me to work for you and love on others.  I thank you that you will return to set the world right again and marvel at the loving patience you display by giving us even one more day.  Let me not be discouraged that your soon is not my soon.  I put my complete trust and faith in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment